Healthy Graden Vegetable and Cheese Omelet
There is a lot of flavor in this healthier version of an omelet. Bacon and cheddar are not behind any of the flavors in this protein rich way to start your day. By replacing cheddar with goat cheese you get nearly twice the protein as other cheeses and less than half the fat and cholesterol.
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 3 eggs well beaten with a splash of water (water makes fluffier eggs than milk and doesn’t have the calories)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 Tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 Tablespoons chopped zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat. Add the eggs, allowing them to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom begins to set. When nearly cooked, top half of the omelet with the bell peppers, tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, salt, and black pepper. Carefully fold the remaining half over the filling followed by the cheese, and cook for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and cheese melts.
Yields two servings at 225 calories a piece