Kickin' Chicken Pita Pockets
Pita pockets are a convenient sandwich which keeps everything neatly tucked in place, no little pieces falling out as you eat. This recipe packs a bit of a punch too so its an exciting little appetizer that sets the mood for an exciting meal to follow.
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (around 3 lbs)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste or sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 3 scallions (white part only), sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 12 mini pitas cut into ½ moons
Remove skin and bones from rotisserie chicken and chop meat into small pieces. Combine mayo, wasabi and sesame oil in a large bowl then mix in chopped chicken. Mix well. Add cilantro, chives and scallions and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Check dryness, if it seems dry, add a bit more mayo. Refrigerate until ready to use. Dry-roast sesame seeds in heavy skillet on medium-low heat for about 2 minutes; set aside. Stuff pita halves with chicken salad. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds as garnish.