Lavender and Almond Cupcakes
I love these extraordinary cupcakes because they fill the house with the lovely fragrance of lavender and taste heavenly! Instead of frosting, these healthy cupcakes are sprinkled with brown sugar, ground almonds and dried lavender flowers.
|15 min||Serves 15|
- 3.5 ounces wheat flour
- 3.5 ounces rice flour
- 3.5 ounces almond flour
- 4.5 ounces sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3.5 ounces butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- brown sugar
- ground almonds
- dried lavender flowers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl sift the three flours and baking soda. Stir in sugar. Mix well and make a well in the center.
- In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk and milk. Pour the eggs and buttermilk mixture in the flour well. Pour in melted butter, too. Mix with a wooden spoon, but be careful not to stir too much because the cupcake mixture must be rather lumpy.
- Pour mixture into a cupcake mold, filling each slot with a spoonful of mixture (about 3/4 of the whole slot). You can either grease the mold with butter or use paper baking cups.
- Sprinkle the top of each cupcake with brown sugar, ground almonds and lavender flowers.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes till the core is dry and cupcakes are golden and puffed.
You can usually find dried lavender flowers at your local health food store or farmer’s market.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 210, Calories from Fat 90, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 60mg, Potassium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g, Protein 4g.
Image, Recipe by Food52.com